Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Pregnant Kind of a Day

Yesterday's weird pregnant funk has so far oozed its way into today. The physical weakness isn't so bad today as much as my brain farts are getting in the way of life. Yesterday I stared at my computer screen for approximately 10 minutes (not exaggerating) trying to decide how to draw up an addendum to a contract that I had written about 100 times before. I just couldn't decide how to put the words together. I also asked one of my coworkers how she would write it. She told me, but it just went in one ear and out the other. I didn't want to sound too retarded and ask a second time so I just sat there. Almost magically, it popped in my head and I knew how to do it again. Whew! This morning my boss was talking to me about a couple of transactions we've been working on and I was looking at him like a deer caught in headlights. Wha? I had to explain to him to just be patient with me and my pregnancy retardedness. It will hopefully pass. Of course, however, after hearing that, I think he is testing me. He suddenly has put a shit load of projects on my desk that I need to be responsible for. I should probably stop typing and conserve brain cells to finish the projects. Besides, I honestly don't know of anything else to write about.

Okay, I'm done now.

No comments: