Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Like a Race Horse

I have to pee...a lot. I have what the professionals like to call a "tilted uterus". Fun. I was told early on that this might cause me to have to pee more often than usual. What does that mean? More often than a normal pregnant person? This kinda sucks. Why? Because I am only in my 5th month. I'm not even that big, yet nor is my daughter. I know that when you're pregnant you will have to make many trips to the bathroom because of the added weight on your bladder and changes in your chemistry, but I get to have added pressure. I guess it's not that unusual. 1 out of 100 women have it which includes my Aunt and my Grandma. Thanks, ladies. On top of the uterus issue, my daughter likes to use my bladder as a punching bag. Holy crap, that's fun. It feels like she's break dancing in there and constantly knocking the bladder all over the place. It's kinda embarrassing when I have to get up and go to the bathroom 2-3 times an hour, every hour. And no, it is not a bladder infection. The worst is at the gym. The time of the day that I make it to the gym is when everyone else is able to make it in. Therefore, it is very crowded and everyone is eyeballing the equipment waiting for someone to get up so they can quickly run over and grab it. Any type of exercise I do causes me to have to run to the bathroom in between sets. I like to circuit train, so I'm usually using 3 pieces of equipment at a time. A lot of times I'll have to sit there and contemplate the timing of running to the bathroom by looking around the gym and making sure no one is anxiously looking at my station. When no one is looking, I quickly get up and head for the ladies room. So far, I haven't dealt with too many issue when I get back. I've only had to say something twice.

On average, I hit the bathroom 4 times in the 45 minutes to an hour that I'm at the gym. A lot of it is because of the muscle strain (don't worry, it's not that much...I'm being safe). When I do my squats, I'm usually trying not to pee my pants in between each set. Ridiculous, but such is the cost of keeping fit throughout this pregnancy. Last night, a guy at the gym who's friends with Mike asked me how I was feeling, (which is a common question asked to me on a daily basis) and since I had to go pee real bad, instead of responding with, "I'm feeling great, thanks!" I had shared with him that I was just sitting there contemplating whether or not I should get up and pee for the 3rd time in the past 20 minutes or just tough it out. I don't even know this person. I felt bad about sharing so much with someone I've only said hi to 3 times in my life, so I followed up with, "I'm feeling great, thanks!" Too little, too late. Sorry, Charlie. I know it's not really that big of a deal, but in the moment it was somewhat embarrassing. Anyway, I'm going to have to finish this entry on a lame note because the toilet is calling my name...again.

1 comment:

Fuzion Mobile said...

I pooped my pants once.