Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving was held at Mike's mom's house this year. I was very grateful that she wanted to do it this year. Every time I've had it at my house, I've ended up having some sort of panic attack. Everyone wants to land in the kitchen and suffocate me in the process. My first year doing Thanksgiving (about 4 years ago) I thought for sure I'd have a heart attack. I had been cooking my turkey all day (for the first time) and it had about an hour to an hour and a half to go. People were eager to get the casseroles baked and pulled the turkey out early to bake their stuff. The turkey was sliced into and it wasn't totally cooked. I thought I was going to die of embarrassment. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because I love to eat. I probably had 2 or 3 bites and I was done. Ready to puke. The anxiety was awful. I learned my lesson and will no longer help out with getting the holiday going without a full glass of wine to get me through it. Luckily, with Rita taking on the task of hosting Thanksgiving this year, wine was unnecessary. It was probably one of my favorite Thanksgivings to date. Everything was perfect. The food was wonderful, the company was fantastic, and the atmosphere was completely stress free. My parents and my younger brother attended the Moody Thanksgiving this year, too. First time! They had a wonderful time and I was so happy and glad that they were able to be there. It was fun. As long as they'll accept it, I'd like my mother-in-law and Dan to carry the holiday torch from now on. That means Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and any other event that requires a lot of people. Their house is perfect for it and they do such a great job. They're able to keep their cool and manage a huge feast without having to slip some Jack Daniels on the side in order to not completely lose it. Kudos, Rita and Dan!

No comments: