Monday, September 18, 2006

Bonding

Okay, this one is probably going to be a bit sappy, but what can I say? Farrah's senses are much more in tune now. She can hear and see light. This is what the books and websites say. Another thing that I have discovered is her ability to notice me poking at her. On several different occasions she has started kicking and I will massage in that area and seconds later she'll massage back. When she does this, it makes me feel very close to her. It has taken some time to adjust to the fact that there's a baby in me, not to mention that she is mine (and Mike's). It has taken me a while to feel close to her because it's been so hard to believe that this is actually happening. I feel like I'm just playing dress up and pretending to bring another human being in the world. However, for some reason feeling how big she is and sensing that she is responding to me, brings me closer to her. A part of me gets sad when I think of the fact that it's all going to be over soon. Soon everyone will get to experience being with her and it will no longer be just me and Farrah. For some reason, the first thing that comes to mind is a kitten when she squirms around. I don't know why. I guess it's because kittens are so snuggly and squirmy. Weird, I know. Anyway, I wanted to be sure to jot that down so that one day I will be able to share it with her.

No comments: