Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Bib

I have been mimicking my grandmother lately. Every time my grandma eats something, it finds its way on her shirt. Well, what normally would land on my lap, my belly has been kind enough to catch. Spaghetti sauce, a piece of chocolate, toner from the copy machine. I, of course don't see it. It is usually pointed out to me by other people who have a much better view than I do. Yesterday at the gym I kept getting water spots on my belly because I'd rest my water bottle against it and the condensation would leave behind its mark. It looked like my belly button was leaking.

I can now cross my arms and rest them on the top of my stomach. I'm not quite to the point where I can rest a cup of coffee on it yet. I'm looking forward to that little convenient trick. No need for TV trays! I'll just pile it all up on my own that mother nature made me. Should be fun.

I've noticed veins. Lots of veins. On the sides of my belly there are bluish tinged road maps. They're very confusing to read and hard to make out where they lead. Clothes are getting tighter and tighter. I know I need to get out there and start shopping, but quite honestly it is so hard for me to justify it. I HATE to spend money on things that I won't be able to wear for the next 3-4 years. Most importantly, I have no intension to be able to wear those larger clothes for more than 6-7 months after Farrah arrives. In fact, I know it sounds crazy to some, but I want to do a figure competition. Prior to getting pregnant, I was working my ass off to do a fitness competition. I was pretty much in the best shape of my life because I put a goal out there in front of me. I feel if I put another goal out there it will help in getting back to the old me. Besides, I LOVE going to the gym and having something to work towards. Mike said he will be training me for 3 months after Farrah is born and once I'm able to get back into the gym full force. I've already been asked by a couple who put on bodybuilding shows to participate in August to do figure and fitness. I think I'm going to try. What can it hurt?

When I go to the gym now, I keep it in the back of my mind so I have something to look forward to (other than my daughter, obviously). It helps motivate me to get in the gym even when I don't really feel like it. We'll see if I actually go through with it, but I don't think it's a bad thing to work towards.

No comments: