Friday, December 01, 2006

I Can't Drive...55

Today's entry is going to be a bit all over the place. Yesterday was my mom's 55th birthday. Dad arranged for a bunch of us to meet at mom's favorite Chinese restaurant (Taster's Wok) at 7 pm. He neglected to tell anyone, particularly me, that it was a surprise. Oops. I had called her earlier and wished her a happy birthday and started asking her questions about what we were doing. She quickly let me know she didn't know what was going on which clued me in that dad was attempting a surprise. Usually when you want something to remain a secret, this is how it works: Be sure to tell the people involved in the secret that it is a secret. That usually helps in keeping things hush hush. Otherwise, you can count on someone slipping up and spilling the beans. That someone was me. Sorry, Dad. Next time be sure to tell me and I can pretty much guarantee that I won't say anything.

Yesterday was an off kind of a pregnancy day. I was a freakin' zombie. I had no energy or strength to dry my hair. The blow dryer felt like it weighed 50 pounds. It was exhausting. When I got to work, my arms still felt weak. I could barely lift them the 4 inches off my lap up to my keyboard to type. It was almost too much for me to handle. Finally, around noon I felt very jittery and loopy. I felt like I'd had 10 cups of coffee but without the physical energy. I hadn't had any caffeine. In fact, I was drinking water like crazy hoping it would help me with my energy deficiency. I decided to hop in my car and get something to eat and see if food would help me. I scarfed down my Gyro and shortly there after, had to run out to my car for a good hour long nap. I'm usually good after 20 minutes. Not this time. I got back in the office and had to use the little girls room. At this point, I discovered what I believe to be the prequel to what is about to come in the pregnancy. That woke me up real fast. The night before when I was in bed, I had been having Braxton Hicks contractions for 2-3 hours straight! I've never experienced the contractions while lying down. I even woke Mike up to let him know. In any case, that helped explain my discovery. Sorry, I'm not giving much more info than that. Some things are just too personal. (Obviously, not all things).

On Wednesday, I think I began that little ritual of "nesting." I don't think I'm very good at it, but I tried. I finished the remaining laundry for Farrah. I took everything out of her dresser and wiped it all down and rearranged everything. I put the changing pad on top and re-did how I had all the clothes set up. I took all the level one diapers out and stacked them and put together a basket of diapers, diaper rash cream, and wipes next to the changing pad. I cleaned the kids bathroom and wiped everything down where Farrah's towels, wash cloths, tub, and cleansers would touch. She now has staked claim in the kids bathroom and the boys don't even know it, yet. I took a lot of items out of their boxes and started finding places to store things. The baby monitor is currently charging. All the binkies, bottles, nipples, bottle lids, teether toys, and anything that will make contact with Farrah's mouth has soaked and been cleaned. Her bottles are in the dishwasher. There is a drawer in the kitchen that is dedicated to her bibs and some of her burp cloths. You know what's sad? I still have sooooo much to do. As I type this all out, I have another list forming in my mind that I need to wrap up this weekend. I plan on finishing EVERYTHING this weekend. I will finish all my purchases needed for her and finish all the cleaning. I want to be prepared for her as if she could be here in a week which is possible.

Finally, this morning I looked puffy. I knew it, too. I put on dark eye shadow and dark lip stick. It was my way keeping the focus on my eyes and mouth and away from my chipmunk cheeks. Mike had pointed my cheeks out to me, too. Thanks, sweetheart. We have a picture of the two of us in Germany on our piano. I showed Mike that my features were sharper and my smile lines were deep. Now, they look more like dimples. I don't have, nor have I ever had dimples. It's all just too weird for me. The water is sitting in my face. Neat.

No comments: