Tuesday, April 17, 2007


Mike and I had arranged for Melissa to watch Farrah for an overnight on Saturday so he and I could stay out as late as we wanted. The day started by waking up early in the morning and taking care of things around the house. Around noon, Mike, Nick, Farrah, and I met up with Alex at the mall for lunch. We split up to find some fun clothes for the parties we were going to that evening. After shopping, we hustled home. Mike headed off to the gym for a last minute workout and I started to pull myself together. We got Farrah all packed up and took off to Melissa's. We dropped off both Nick and Farrah and we gave big kisses goodbye. When I hopped into Mike's truck I said, "Oh my god, it's just us!!!" We drove to Jen's 30th Birthday party in Silver Lake and got stuck in an awful traffic jam. Ugh, stressful. When we arrived, most of everyone there had already been getting the party going for a while. It was fun. The food was great and I loved seeing everyone. Jen was having a blast. Unfortunately, we had to leave to get to the next destination. When we arrived, several people had already been there for a while, too. Mike and I fixed ourselves a drink. Ahhh, a cocktail. I finally got to drink alcohol without the fear of being too tipsy to care for Farrah. I had also already planned what the next day would be like so I wouldn't pass any booze onto her. I intended to drink a lot and have fun. I figured I'd let 24 hours pass before breast feeding her again. Well, in the end, Mike and I never ended up going to bed. We stayed up ALL NIGHT long and into the morning. So long, that we looked at the clock and said, "Holy shit, we need to get Farrah." Those that stayed at our friends house stayed up the whole night, too. I haven't pulled an all-nighter in years. So, we picked up Farrah. Don't worry, we were beyond sober. The unfortunate thing was she wanted to be awake. I wanted to sleep. Her naps were teasers. She would sleep for approximately 20 minutes at a time. She was up until it was time for all of us to go to bed. I couldn't put her down too early or it would screw up her schedule. So, I was basically up from 8 in the morning on Saturday until 11 at night on Sunday. Yikes. Monday, I "cleansed" to get all the bad stuff out of my body. Not only was I exhausted, I was starving. 'Tis the price you pay when you want to have fun and you have a baby. Check out the evidence of a good time that was had:

Clearly, it has been a while since I partied my ass off.

No comments: