Friday, November 02, 2007

Gratitude

So, Mike and I have had a tough 2007 and we have decided to make a huge shift. Mind you, Mike and I aren't having a tough time; it is outside circumstances. In any case, Mike found a book and it had a project in it that has you make a list of 100 things you're grateful for. What could this hurt? I feel like we've been so busy bitching about life that we've forgotten how great life really is. I came to this conclusion when I started to write out my list. I paused, not stopped, at number 76 just to type this out. I have a huge grease board on my wall that used to be filled with some of the stresses that we are dealing with as a means to focus on getting it taken care of. Ultimately, it would just piss me off the moment I walked into the room, and therefore the tasks were not getting done. So, I typed what was on my board, saved it, and tucked it away. I know where it is, but it's not staring me in the face. As I started writing out the things I am grateful for, it just poured out like crazy. One thing after another and another. I wasn't just talking about my relationship with my family, but stuff like Christmas Carols, the ability to play the piano, and finishing Culinary Arts. All of those things make me feel good. It feels much better to remember the good in life, because it actually makes the bad not so over powering. Clearly, I have a lot to be grateful for and I believe I can push past the 100. I just thought I would share this experience so that others would consider doing the same. Now, when I walk into my office I will be confronted by the joys in my life and will look forward to what the day has to bring. Yay for good stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very good reminder Kathy

: )