Monday, July 02, 2007

A WHOLE DECADE!!!

Saturday, June 30th, was Mike's and my 10 year anniversary. We met at his 30th birthday party on June 28th, hung out on June 29th, and went on our first date June 30th. We celebrate this date because of how incredibly long we've been together. We are very proud of how long we've been together. We have a very strong relationship that I can't help but brag about. Stop gagging. The best moments of my whole life have been spent with Mike. I love that. Some of the worst moments of my life have also been spent with Mike (not because of him, mind you). I love that, too. If not for Mike, I would've had a very difficult time getting through those times. He is an amazing man. I knew it the moment I met him.

I was 20 years old when I met Mike. I had an on again - off again boyfriend back in Alaska who I had told that I was going to start dating other men because he couldn't decide if he wanted to be in a relationship or not. I was also hanging out with a guy from time to time (the on again-off again boyfriend knew about him). No, I wasn't being bad. In any case, I met him on the night of his 30th birthday party. I didn't feel like going out that night, but I was told to go by my friends. When I arrived, I happened to sit right next to him. I immediately took notice of him because he was wearing glasses (I love glasses). Not only that, but he looked like a bad boy too, with his white tee shirt, jeans, and cigarette (I know, bad). Sophisticated with the glasses and a bad boy with the smokes. He was sexy. He and I hit it off immediately, and I knew we had a connection. Throughout that night, we continued to talk until the sun came up...literally. Any thoughts of old boyfriends and new ones went straight out the window. They were completely insignificant to this person I had just met. I had known the moment I left his house, I wanted to be with him. The next day I waited for his phone call. When I got it, my youthfulness came out. As soon as I got off the phone with him, I jumped up and down like a little girl. You'd think I had just won the lotto (I guess in a way I did). We hung out again that night and decided to make plans for an actual "date" for the next night which was a Sunday.

Date night consisted of us going to the Ponderosa Tavern with a bunch of his friends. I, of course, didn't have ID, but he knew the bartender. He told her not to give me any shit because I was going to be the next Mrs. Moody. Funny thing, he asked me if that weirded me out and it really didn't. It actually made me feel good and I was comfortable with the thought. We sat at a table away from al of his friends and talked. At the end of the night when it was time to say goodbye, he asked my permission for a kiss. I said yes, and we did. Ever since that night, we have never been apart except for a few hockey tournaments, business trips, or golf weekends. After our first date, I knew I wanted to be with him forever and ever. We chose to take things very slow in the upcoming years with buying a house, getting married, and of course, having a baby. Everything in due time, and it all worked out perfectly.

I am completely happy. My life is more than I thought I could have, but all that I've ever wanted. It is that way because of my husband, Mike. He is an amazing human being who has brought pure joy to my heart and to my life. To this day, Mike and I talk on the phone at least 4-5 times a day. If we can't be together all the time then we'll talk on the phone to feel close.

To Mike:

Honey, I love you with all of my heart. You are my favorite person and I couldn't imagine my life without you in it. You are my soul mate. There is no other for me. The connection between us is cosmic. This is not our first time being married. I know we've been together many lifetimes before and every time, we find each other. Like I've said before, the best decision I've ever made in my life was to go to that party. I'm so very glad I did. But you know what? We'd still have found one another eventually because we're supposed to be together.

No comments: