Monday, July 02, 2007

Change (In more ways than one)

Have you ever changed a tire? Have you ever changed a tire while the car was driving down the freeway going 65 miles an hour? That's a little what it is like changing Farrah's diaper. I feel like I have to wrestle her down just to get the crap off her butt. She tightens up her legs while stretching and twisting her body so she can get to the Winnie the Pooh lamp on her changing table. It is always quite the event with her.

Well, I am not working right now. Which is to say I am not out at a 9 to 5 job getting paid. I am currently playing the role of "stay at home mom" and loving it. It has forced me to throw myself into being domestic. I'm not very good at it, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I've been given an opportunity to spend more time with my daughter and get some things around the house taken care of that have been on the back burner (including Titan who, by the way, was given the best bath of his life today by yours truly). I am back to cooking dinners again. That has not been high on my priority list lately because the task of putting together a big dinner after a long day at work followed by the gym was not appealing. In any case, that is what is going on for the time being. We'll see what happens next. In the meantime, I will enjoy this little break and spend some very important time with Farrah and get some chores done.

No comments: