Monday, March 26, 2007


Mike and I have a second home in East Wenatchee. It is our "Decompression House." It is where we go to do nothing at all, but forget about all the bullshit that awaits for our return back on the west side of the mountains. We have our big screen TV there, but no cable. There is no internet access and no phone lines. It sounds like it would be completely boring...until you look out at our back yard. We have the most amazing view of the city. The back yard goes on forever and ever. I am inviting my friends and family to go there when they would like. You just need to make sure it's not a weekend that we plan on going there. There are board games there, and the TV has a stereo and DVD player hooked up to it. All you have to do is bring your movies and music and you're all set. We invite people to enjoy a little piece and quiet away from everything. It feels like you're in a cabin, only you're in a quaint neighborhood. The weather is always beautiful and there is always a nice breeze. We hope to install a pool, but we're not sure when that will happen. There are still priorities that take precidence back in Arlington.

We went to Wenatchee this last weekend. I loved it. Sometimes we'd watch a movie and other times we'd sit there reading. A lot of times, we simply slept and caught up on some much needed rest. It was Farrah's first time at the house. We left the play pen for future visits so we don't have to cart it around with us everytime. Being there allowed for us to spend more one on one time with her. When we're at home on the weekends, it's so easy to get caught up in having to do chores and run errands that you forget to take time for family. That's what this weekend was for. Family time, and we all loved it. We also brought Titan with us. We don't usually allow people to bring their pets due to the risk of other pets peeing on the carpet which has happened. We didn't want to leave Titan at home so we packed him in his crate for the 2 and a half hour drive through pouring down rain. It was a white knuckle drive until we reached Leavenworth. After that it wasn't too bad. When we arrived, Titan barely had a mist on him. We walked him around the property and the next day took him off leash in the back field. He was in Doggie Heaven. The tough thing for him was his nerves. He was so nervous, he chose not to eat. Since he didn't eat, he didn't poop. He held it until we pulled in to our house in Arlington to relieve the pressure. It was so great over there and we all enjoyed ourselves. Can't wait to go back!

No comments: