Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Totally Being a Baby About It

So, in my last posting I had mentioned that Farrah is teething and all she is doing is drooling and chewing on stuff. Well, she has shifted gears and is now crying and whining about it. She has two bottom teeth coming in and one in particular that is heading for the finish line. It's actually quite awful to watch. She's really uncomfortable and it's sad when you're doing all that you know to do, and it just won't work. Last night, she fell right asleep when I put her to bed but only for about 30 minutes. Then she was up crying, and crying very hard ( you know the cry when they can hardly catch their breath? Terrible). I had to get her and let her lie down with her dad and I to help her feel comforted. Later around midnight, she started up again. She cried so hard it broke my heart. I quickly ran into her room, scooped her up, and held her in my arms in our bed until she started to drift off again. It's all I know I can really do besides give her Tylenol, ice, teething tablets, etc; just snuggle and love the hell out of her. In anycase, it's been a tough couple of days for her.

On another note, I decided to explain myself and why I haven't been writing lately. Well, what had started out as your basic Shit Storm turned into a catagory 5 Shit Hurricane that managed to blow through the Moody house with full force. We have, luckily, made it out with little damage and just a few bumps and bruises. The last two months, we have been weathering storms. I am just tired and drained from talking and bitching about all of it. Mainly, because I am quite aware that the more I complain about it, the more poo I will get. Which brings me to something that I have been trying to focus my attention on. I have been reading The Secret. I have already seen the movie, but the book adds more details that further explain techniques and different approaches. From that, I learned that it probably wouldn't be that great of an idea for me to share all my problems with the world and simply work on making it all better, which is what I've been doing. So, wish the Moodys luck in making the badness go away and bringing the good stuff in.

No comments: